Broad Strategic Counsel. Your organization needs senior counsel on the legislative process and how particular issues are likely to be handled by congressional leadership, opportunities to impact their substance, and the prospects for success. Endgame Strategies, by bringing direct experience with congressional leadership both from a majority and minority perspective, can identify and shape opportunities for high-impact engagement.
Intelligence-Gathering. Endgame Strategies closely follows the policy activities on Capitol Hill and can provide your organization the raw information coupled with interpretation and judgment so that you can predict future results and act according to your interests.
Conquering Complexity. Difficult issues demand sophisticated analysis and advocacy, whether the challenge is technical, legal, or political. Endgame Strategies has worked with highly complex issues and will ensure that your organization’s concerns and positions are fully understood and then communicated effectively.
Creative Coalition-Building. Your organization has an issue that should be of interest to the national policy community, whether through trade associations, non-profit advocacy groups, think tanks, or specific economic interests. Endgame Strategies can assist you in making those connections and building unique alliances that will advance your policy interests.
Special Focus on Senate and House Judiciary Committees. Your organization seeks to be heard within the Judiciary Committees on civil justice, antitrust, bankruptcy, immigration, patents, trademarks, copyrights, criminal justice, or constitutional matters, and you need a firm with experience with each body. Endgame Strategies can employ its legal and legislative background with these issues and work directly within those committees.
Mastering the Senate. Your organization has an interest in a matter that has proven controversial and you require specific advocacy before those senators who may exercise their prerogatives. Endgame Strategies will advise you how to manage your interests in a legislative environment that gives great power to individual senators.
Representative client matters have included:
- Acting as lead congressional advocate to amend the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act and the Anti-Terrorism Act to ensure that all international funders ofterrorist acts in the United States are held accountable in American courts.
- Assisting a pharmaceutical start-up to resolve an intellectual property dispute both in Congress and the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
- Advising a Silicon Valley venture capitalist on the efficacy of a Homeland Security-related start-up opportunity.
- Providing policy and Capitol Hill counsel to one the nation’s most sophisticated 501(c)(4) issue advocacy organizations.
- Guiding a community-based non-profit advocacy group on how best to protect the local citizenry in a zoning and land use fight with a well-funded economic interestseeking congressional action.
- Counseling leadership of a state-based 501(c)(3) entity on how to guarantee that a policy issue of great concern in the home state receives proper attention inthe Washington policy community.